Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day Two: I Do Not Bluff

No word from the Catholics yet. They are pretty slack about protecting the flesh of their savior. It's been 24 hours, and Josh's dreams of howling Catholic ninjas busting in here to save his unleavened butt are starting to wane. He's getting a little huffy about it, too.

I like Josh so far, but he's a bit of a whiner. I probably should have known.

We spent some time speculating on what part of the body he's from. He's pretty thin, so I'm thinking someplace like below the wrist or on the neck. He's thinking of someplace more important, like a palm or the face. We have compromised on "eyelid" and he is content, but he's totally neck meat.

I guess the Catholics are waiting for proof of life? Fair enough. I'll post some pictures later. Josh is sleeping now, and I don't want to wake him. But I don't want to take a picture while he's sleeping, since he'll look dead.

I am still composing my demands. Josh is going to help me later. He's curious about his own value, both to me and to the Pope. I'm trying not to get too attached, since he's going to get eaten either by some Catholic or my dog, depending on the papal checkbook.

No comments: